Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time Management, or Lack There of....


Time management is probably one of the hardest tasks to achieve.  I have always struggled with being able to manage my time and being able to get everything that needs to be done, done in a timely manner.  I am really trying to get better about managing my time, but it seems that there is always something that comes up when I decide to get something done, or there is something more “interesting” for me to do.

            I think that the problem with most students is that they do not have enough drive to actually do their homework.  This lack of drive starts at a young age when teachers are less harsh on kids who do not do their homework.  Kids then get used to that kind of attitude from teachers and, from there, figure out which teachers will let them “get away with” not doing their homework in a sense.  However, in college, that attitude is not really there anymore.  Professors won’t necessarily “hunt kids down” looking for lost work like high school teachers will do, but instead, the students will receive a failing grade and still have the bad habit of not managing time well enough to have completed the homework.

            I wish that I had not gotten into the horrible habit of putting off my work until the last possible minute.  Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to get out of the habit and if so, how I will actually be able to break the habit.  I think I would say that time management is definitely my weakness that I really would like to be my strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment