Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shelby in 5 Words



Musical – I am a very musical person.  I sing and can play a little piano and I love to listen to music.  Music is an important aspect of my life because it is a great form of expression.
music-note.jpg

Family – My family means a lot to me…I am very family-oriented.  According to dictionary.com a family is a “basic social unit consisting of parents and their children”.  While this may be true, I also consider my friends to be a part of my family.  To me, family is people who love and care for each other, which describes my relationships with my friends and my family members very well.

Honest – Relationships are based on honesty and trust.  Whether it be a relationship with a parent, a friend, or a boyfriend or girlfriend, we have to be honest to gain trust within that relationship.  I always try to be honest with people because I want to have good relationships with people and to not be honest with someone is one of the fastest ways to end a trusting relationship.

Mature – Maturity is something that I’ve learned not a lot of people I know acquire.  I ran into a lot of drama with my friends this past summer because I found that they are still stuck in high school attitudes.  I don’t like to get into drama because I am more mature than that and know that I need to grow up and be the bigger person in certain situations because other people will not always have the maturity to realize that they are not being the bigger person.

Witty – Being witty is a good quality to have because you can’t always be serious…there needs to be something to lighten the mood and wit can do just that.  I have been known to say things that can make people laugh just because of who it is coming from.  I like to make people laugh…if you can make a person laugh you have broken a barrier that leads to who a person actually is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment