Saturday, September 11, 2010

Problems at Southern


Being a commuter student I face an on going challenge.  Every day I go to school and have to drive around to look for a parking space.  No matter what time of day it is, all of the parking lots seem to be full.  I leave my house an hour and a half before my first class starts every day just to make sure that I can find a place to park. 

            One day after being stuck in traffic, which is also another problem I face every day, I pulled into one of the commuter parking lots and immediately went to the back of the lot.  I figured that there would be a better chance of me finding somewhere to park if I went to the back.  I saw an open space however, when I pulled up closer, it was a space designated for motorcycles.  I kept driving and found another space a few cars down that appeared to be empty.  When I got to the space and went to pull in, a motorcycle was parked in it.  I got really angry that the motorcycle was in a regular parking spot when there was a designated space for it just a few cars down.  It is annoying to have to deal with things like that when there is barely anywhere to park in the first place.

            I am not looking forward to facing this parking dilemma for the next four years, but I am hoping that it will get easier for commuter students to park.  Until then, I will just have to deal with this problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment