Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Freshman Year


I am a commuter student at Southern and sometimes I wonder if I am going to get the same college experience as everyone else who is a resident.  College is an experience that matures you academically, socially, and personally.  College gives challenges that could not be faced anywhere else, which creates for a great learning experience.  There is also a whole new atmosphere being around new people, which is good for socializing and making new friends and stepping out of your comfort zone in order to talk to different kinds of people that you may not be used to talking to.

Going to college can accomplish so much more than just getting a good education to later use in finding a job.  College allows for experience and friendship building.  I have already made some friends at Southern whom I would not have met if it were not for college. 

College is a time to experiment and find yourself.  It’s also about independence and gaining responsibility.  Even though I am a commuter and do not live on campus, I still have more responsibility and independence than I have ever had before. 

The goals I have for college is to figure out what I want to do with my life after college.  As of right now I am undecided and I would really like to know by the end of my freshman year what I want to major in. 

I do get concerned about the work load in college as it is so different from high school and the amount of work I used to get.  However, I am keeping an open mind and being optimistic about everything and hoping to just have a great time and have a lot of fun experiences and make great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment