Saturday, October 2, 2010

We The Kings!!


            A couple of weeks ago my friend, Sarah, and I went to the We The Kings concert in the Lyman Center here at Southern.  Sarah had won a meet and greet with the band through Southern so we went a little early.  We waited outside of Earl Hall with a few other girls waiting to meet the band.  When it was time for the meet and greet to start I sat on a bench and waited with three other girls, whose friend also went into the meet and greet.  The four of us were talking and we actually had a really good time just getting to know each other.

            When the meet and greet was over, the four of us met up with my friend, Sarah, and their friend.  We all waited in line together to get into the concert and we even sat together once we got inside.  The concert was pretty good.  The opening band was Valencia, which I had never heard of before that night, and they were pretty good.  When We The Kings came on, the whole audience went crazy…it was kind of funny to watch the whole audience get so excited.

            Unfortunately, things do not always go as planned.  Before the first half of the show was over, Sarah got a call from her grandmother…her sister got sick and her grandma couldn’t deal with it.  Since I drove to the concert with Sarah, I had to leave with her to go home and take care of her sister.  It was kind of a bummer to have to leave the concert early, but I’m glad I got to go at all and I even made some new friends while I was there!


           

No comments:

Post a Comment